Saturday, August 4, 2007

Study to Show Thyself Approved

After writing my last blog I have been doing a lot of studying! I didn't expect the amount of responses I received and, even knowing less yet of how many read but didn't comment, I really started digging in! I appreciate all the comments as it really keeps me on my toes. I try diligently not to say anything amiss that would lead someone astray, so if any have felt I have then please forgive me.

There is, and can be, only one truth when it comes to the things of the Lord. He is God of absolutes, with no shadow or turning. As I have read the Bible, I've learned that there is only one way to read it and that is to take it as it is written and compare scripture with scripture. It will soon become obvious when something is intended to be a similie, a metaphor, a parable or to be taken literally at face value. And, so it is with interpretation. "Knowing this first, that no prophecy is of any private interpretation(explanation, application" (2 Peter 1:20). Therefore, when I write my blog, I keep in mind that what I think isn't to be taken as "thus saith the Lord" because I am no prophetess.

Having said that, it is also my belief that the Lord gave us His Word so that we'd not only know how to obey Him in our daily lives but see the overall picture of His plan for His creation. If He didn't want us to understand it, He wouldn't have put it there for us to study. From "In the Beginning.." to "Even so, Lord, come.", is the whole counsel of God written for our instruction. In that instruction, we are told "to watch". It is with that in mind that I've decided that my blogs will take a turn toward more on what is going on around us in the world and how it pertains to scriptures. I hope that if any of you see that I have posted error, you will feel free to correct me.

There is so much that is going on in the world today that it gets overwhelming so people tend to turn it off and not pay heed because it becomes wearisome after awhile. I've done the same but now I have a burden to speak out in warning. The time is short and, while no man knows the day nor the hour of the Lords return, we are given a lot of information in the Bible to know the "season". Jesus Himself took quite umbrage with the Pharisees on this point when He said "Ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky and of the earth; but how is it that ye do not discern this time".(Luke 12:56) I would be heartbroken if, one day, the Lord would say to me "ye hypocrite".

Having said all that, I hope and pray the Lord will give me discernment not only in "this time" but in the writing of this blog. I want only to use it for His glory. It is one way that I can express my love for Him and all those who read it. Thank you all so much.

No comments: